Call for Expressions of Interest to be Co-Convenor
The Social Aspects of Death, Dying and Bereavement Study Group are taking expressions of interest from anyone who is willing and able to take on the role of co-convenor in 2020. Please note that all study group convenors are required to be members of the BSA for the duration of their time in the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Arranging and delivering the group’s Annual Symposium. This involves: deciding on a theme, writing the call for papers, liaising with the BSA to complete the budget and official sign-off for advertising, arranging any bookings/ catering, circulating the CFP, reviewing abstracts and informing speakers, putting the programme together, advertising the programme, and delivering the event itself.
- Occasional written pieces for the BSA, including write ups of activities for Network magazine and an annual report on study group activities.
- BSA Annual Conference stream coordinators. This responsibility is rotated between study groups within the Lifecourse stream.
- Attendance at one convenor meeting a year.
- Handling occasional requests to share news items with the group via email.
- Managing the Jisc list via email.
- Maintaining the Google email account and drive (document archive).
Current co-convenors, Laura Towers and Julie Ellis, will arrange the 2019 Annual Symposium and act as BSA Conference stream convenors in April 2020. If the new co-convenor would like to be involved with either of those events then they are welcome but it is not required.
Please submit expressions of interest by Midnight (GMT) on Thursday, 1 August 2019 to BSADDB@gmail.com.
Candidates will be contacted with further information the week commencing Monday, 5 August 2019.
More details about the study group can be found here.
For more information, contact BSADDB@gmail.com.